We are sorry, MTN begs subscribers over service outage
Some MTN customers lost signals on their phones in some parts of the country.
They were unable to either make or receive calls. Short Messaging Service (SMS) or text message was equally impacted, as well as data services.
Many of those affected had: “Emergency Calls Only” displayed on the screens of their phones.
MTN later sent out a terse apologetic message that reads: “Some of our customers are having difficulty connecting to the network today. We’re looking into this and are truly sorry for any inconvenience caused.”
It subsequently followed up with another one: “Dear customers, we apologise for any inconvenience this has caused.”
No explanation was given for the outage but the service provider assured of early fix.
Director, Public Affairs at NCC, Dr Ikechukwu Adinde, said he was not aware as he spoke through an MTN number with our reporter.
Some affected customers took to their Twitter handle to ask questions and demand answers.
@kessyl tweeted: “MTN network completely off in Abuja…What is happening please?”
@AjibolaJibsin asked: “Can anyone explain what is wrong with #MTN network?”
@iamjudin1911 wrote: “Is this world coming to an end? I can’t make calls with MTN at the moment…better confess your sins before it’s too late.”
- 71The Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) has directed telecommunications providers to shut down services in Zamfara State. The shutdown is to last for two weeks. This was disclosed in a memo signed on Friday by the vice-chairman of the NCC, Professor Umar Danbatta, and addressed to one of the telecoms providers.…
- 68Niger State Internal Revenue Service has closed the branches of eight banks and three other organisations over N456.7m unpaid tax liability. The chairman of the service, Mohammed Madami Etsu, disclosed this yesterday in Minna, Niger State. He said the exercise was carried out in line with the provisions of the…
- 68There are indications on Saturday that more banks will publish names and account details of customers who purchased cheap forex from the banks for Business Travel Allowance and Personal Travel Allowance but did not embark on their foreign trips. Sources from some of the banks, who spoke to our correspondent,…
- 67Eight weeks after the Central Bank of Nigeria stopped selling forex to Bureau De Change operators and asked legitimate travellers to approach the banks to access cheap forex, the banks have been inundated with fake demands, findings have revealed. More customers have been deceiving the banks with fake documents…
- 64Employees of Guaranty Trust Holding Company Plc, owners of GT Bank stand to lose 50 per cent of their salary if they fail to get vaccinated for Covid-19, LEADERSHIP gathered last night. According TheNewsGuru, “a protracted Covid-19 emergencies among its staffers has forced Guaranty Trust Holding Company Plc (GTCO),…