Efforts to hide under Tinubu presidential bid to secure governorship victories in Ogun, Osun and Oyo states is doomed to fail, aggrieved members of All Progressive Congress have told Governors Dapo Abiodun, Gboyega Oyetola and Senator Teslim Folarin.
Rising from a clandestine meeting held in Abuja on Friday attended by about 20 leaders from Ogun, Oyo and Osun states, the leaders declared that Tinubu ambition cannot prevent massive votes against the governorship candidates of the APC because they have mismanaged the party and treated many party leaders with disdain, disrespect and disloyalty.
In an unofficial resolution, the leaders arrived at the following positions:
- That the governors of Ogun and Osun states must be punished for their abysmal performance in state and party governance which cannot be whitewashed by hiding under Tinubu’s candidacy;
- That the poor performance of both Oyetola and Abiodun constitute serious embarrassment to Senator Bola Tinubu for which the presidential candidate should also be ashamed ;
- That Senator Teslim Folarin’s records with people of Oyo state is so negative that his rejection at the poll is a sure bet;
- That Governor Oyetola is pointedly unpopular in almost all the local governments of the state with reports he was even stoned in some towns;
- That Governor Oyetola rating is below 20% and so cannot be saved with Tinubu or any other external intervention;
- That they remain loyal to Tinubu but will not work for those listed governorship candidates of APC from Oyo, Osun and Ogun state.
It would be recalled that Oyetola and others are now putting Tinubu picture by their posters.
- 86Minister of Interior, Rauf Aregbesola, on Monday, lambasted his erstwhile political leaders and associates. The former governor spoke in the Ijebu Jesa area of Osun State while addressing members of the All Progressives Congress ahead of Saturday’s governorship primary election in the state. Aregbesola, who was governor of Osun…
- 86PRESIDENT Muhammadu Buhari early Wednesday morning in Abuja urged members of the All Progressives Congress (APC) to remain united and avoid acrimony, rallying delegates at the special convention to consider voting the presidential candidate with the best chances of securing victory in the 2023 general elections. In his address at…
- 86Former Lagos state governor and presidential hopeful on the platform of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Senator Bola Tinubu has concluded plans to dump the ruling party, if the May 30 primaries are schemed against him, an associate of the former Lagos state government has said. The associate who spoke…
- 86Osun State governor, Gboyega Oyetola, would not be re-elected by the people of Osun state because he betrayed his oath of office and entrenched pauperisation of the people of the state. Reacting to a comment by the Osun state Commissioner for Inter-governmental affairs, Taiwo Akeju, the Publicity Secretary of…