Senate has considered the request of President Muhammadu Buhari on the renewal of appointment of Godwin Emefiele as Governor Central Bank of Nigeria, in accordance with Section 8(1) and (2) of the Central Bank of Nigeria Act 2007.
However, the request was, during the plenary on Tuesday, referred to the Committee on Banking, Insurance and Financial Institutions to report back in a week.
Recall that the Senate President, Bukola Saraki had, last week, on the floor of the red chamber read the letter from President Buhari, confirming the reappointment of Emefiele for a second term.
Thereafter, the Senate moved to debate seven bills for concurrence and passed them for third reading.
1. Chartered Institute of Auctioneers of Nigeria Bill, 2019 (HB. 599) By Sen. Ahmad Lawan
2. National Institute for Educational Planning and Administration (Est,etc) Bill,2019 (HB. 1030)
3. Council for Regulation of Travel and Tour Management Companies of Nigeria (Est, etc) Bill, 2019 (HB. 1321)
4. Dietitians Council of Nigeria (Est, etc) Bill, 2019 (HB. 547)
5. Architects (Registrations, etc) Cap (Amendment) Bill, 2019 (HB.254)
6. Electric Power Sector Reform Act (Amendment) Bill, 2019 (HB. 1384)
7. Interpretation Act (Amendment) Bill, 2019 (HB. 137)