Oyo PDP Aggrieved Members And Their Selfish Intentions | By Dare Adeleke
Looking into the manners at which the so called aggrieved members gathered on the Monday during the hours when reasonable beings were busy with their works. Their conduct showed that the interest of the state is not in their hearts. The composition of those who gathered to cast aspersions on Governor Seyi Makinde has placed them where they belong.
There were no critical stakeholders of our party at the meeting. No single state lawmaker or National Assembly member was in there meeting; we have 27 members of House of Assembly and none was present in their meeting, none of our party or ward chairmen was there so they only represented themselves because of pecuniary gains.
Interestingly, how many of them can boast of 20 people in their local government. Their heart desire is an exercise in futility which has also landed in failure with the responses gathered from the public.
In Oyo State today, Governor Seyi Makinde is the leader of PDP, they have not accused the Governor of non-performance, they have not seen the Governor doing what is against the law. His Excellency, Governor Makinde sworn to preserve the integrity of the state and not to serve people because of their pecuniary gains.
There won’t be parallel congress in Oyo State, our question is ” why are they running away from the contest? If they are popular, let them come out and participate in the stated dates for the congresses. People are expected to come to the designated venues and whoever has the majority of delegates carries the day.
Those who cast aspersions are minority. They converged on Monday to distract the governor and are afraid of going to the congresses. They know they do not have the number and they will lose out completely. If any one of them have congent reason against the Governor, he or she should come out and state it. Many of those who gathered and cast aspersions on who masses love has done so to loose their ties. The good work of Governor Makinde has etched his name in gold.
It is so evident that the majority will carry the day, let the minority have a rethink and drop their ego.
- Adamansingba Stadium: Mankinde's Projects In Two Years Has Superseded APC's 8 years Achievements | By Olufade Oluwaseun71Hon. Oluwaseun OLUFADE has joined hands with the good people of Ọ̀yọ́ state in commending the Governor of Oyo state on commissioning of the new Lekan salami Adamasingba stadium. The sporting complex was constructed in 1976 and commissioned in 1988 with various sporting facilities. The potentials of the…
- OPINION: 'In-Born Excellence' Why Shina Peller Deserves To Wear Oyo North Senatorial District Cap | By Victor Ojelabi69
- 67Lamentably, in our world of big names, our true heroes tend to be anonymous and people with solid achievements and virtues like late Prof. David. I. Ker are completely abandoned and ignored as unsung heroes. He was a shrewd literary entrepreneur and teacher whose achievements are immeasurable and contributions…
- 66As usual, members of the opposition failed to disappoint me. Yesterday was the commissioning of much talked about and first of its kind remolded Adamashingba stadium. Until the unveiling yesterday, the stadium was in a very deplorable state, to say the least. The contractor, Peculiar had gotten the job purely…
- 3SC's Promotion: Makinde's Sports Tourism Acumen And Local Economic Development Index | By Kunle Yusuff, MON64The Sports tourism and Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) Tourism can contribute to sustainable development and the achievement of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) if properly developed and managed. As a segment of tourism, sports tourism also helps to achieve sustainable development in a distinct way stemming from its…