….rally Oke Ogun to support Makinde’s re-election
Former Secretary to the Oyo State Government, Chief Michael Koleoso, has declared that Oke Ogun sons and daughters must move beyond political party sentiments to support the re-election bid of Governor ‘Seyi Makinde.
He maintained that the present administration in the state has embarked on many laudable developmental projects in Oke Ogun, stating that it is imperative for the people of the zone to come together to make sure that the Seyi Makinde/Bayo Lawal ticket is a success in 2023.
Chief Koleoso, who stated these on Tuesday, during a visit to congratulate the new Deputy Governor of Oyo State and running mate to Governor Makinde for the 2023 governorship election, Barr. Abdulroheem Adebayo Lawal, at his Basorun, Ibadan home, added that the governor would still do more for Oke Ogun if re-elected as governor of the state.
The former Secretary to the State Government said the call to Oke Ogun residents and stakeholders to re-elect Makinde goes beyond party lines, as according to him, the administration’s achievements in the zone cuts across the areas of road infrastructure, health, agribusiness and others.
He added that all well-meaning Oke Ogun sons and daughters must look beyond party affinities to vote for the incumbent governor, even as he hailed the swearing-in of Barr. Bayo Lawal as deputy governor of the state, describing him as an Omoluabi and a lover of Oke Ogun zone.
He said: “It is time for stakeholders in Oke Ogun, especially members of Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), to be united and begin to see Makinde as the unifying force.
“I am not a member of any party. But if we truly want Governor Seyi Makinde to be re-elected, then we need to be seen as one irrespective of political linings.
“Though Makinde is not from Oke Ogun, it’s imperative we reward him for his laudable achievements in Oke Ogun in just three years of assuming office.
“This is not about party affiliations, all of Oke Ogun indigenes must come together to re-elect Makinde, because he means well for our zone and I am sure that he will do more for the zone if he is re-elected.
“I equally congratulate the new Deputy Governor of Oyo State, Barr. Bayo Lawal on his swearing-in. He is an Omoluabi and a lover of Oke Ogun zone.
“Not too long ago, I called him and told him that I would love to see him contest for the Senate again, because he is one of our best from Oke Ogun. I didn’t know that God had other plans. So, congratulations.“
While expressing his appreciation, the deputy governor, Bayo Lawal, said he would cooperate with the governor and do his best to ensure that Oke Ogun continues to enjoy maximum government presence.
Chief Koleoso visited the deputy governor in the company of a former Permanent Secretary in the state, Mr. Wole Oladokun.
Similarly, former Oyo State PDP Vice Chairman/Oyo North Senatorial District PDP chairman, Alhaji Yakubu Oladoja; a former chairman of Ifedapo Local Government (Saki), Daud Alaraje; a former Special Adviser to Governor Abiola Ajimobi, Hon. Rasaq Olubodun; Oorelope Local Government PDP chairman, Hon. Azeez Adeoti and the Supervisory Councillor for Works in Oorelope Local Government, Alhaja Modina Rabiu, paid a courtesy visit to the deputy governor.
- 2023: PDP Screens Makinde, Gbolarumi, Other Guber Aspirants •It's Unthinkable To Defeat Oyo Governor - Makarfi87Eleven aspirants of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) for the 2023 gubernatorial elections in three Southwest states, namely; Oyo, Ogun and Lagos States, on Thursday, presented themselves for screening before a committee set up by the party. The 7- man screening committee led by Sen. Ahmed Makarfi, is holding at…
- Esteemed 37 Oke-Ogun Royal Fathers Not Coerced, Bribed, Visited Oyo Deputy Gov Out Of Honour - Group87
- 86The Deputy Governor of Oyo State, Barrister Adebayo Abdul-raheem Lawal has showered praise on the Chairman, Governor’s Advisory Council Committee, Senator Hosea Agboola commonly known as ‘Halleluyah’ for encouraging unity among PDP members in Oke-Ogun. Bayo Lawal gave the commendation on Sunday at his Bashorun, Ibadan home, after reports of…
- 86The people of Kishi Community in Irepo Local Government Area of Oyo State have congratulated the newly Sworn-in Deputy Governor of Oyo state, Barrister Bayo Lawal. In a letter signed and made available to newsmen on Thursday, the National President of the Kishi Progressive Union (KPU), who is also the…
- MEGA RALLY: We No Longer Die Like Chickens, Our Omoluabi Gov Is Doing Well - Oyo Pensioners Laud Makinde •As Saraki Urges More Support For PDP85