Jubilation As Indomitable 3SC Returns To NPFL After Four Years Away From League
The Shooting Stars Football Club of Ibadan has returned to the ‘elites’ division, after four years away from the league.
The promotion from the Nigeria National League, NNL, to the Nigeria Professional Football League, NPFL, came after a resounding victory 6:0 win over Ekiti United in the last game of the NNL Super 8 played at the UNEC, Enugu on Saturday, 11th September 2021.
The match came off to a flying start as 3SC took just four minutes to get the first goal through, Chinedu Enuademu.
In the 26th minute, Gafar Olafimihan made it two for the Oluyole Warriors who were in high spirit as they pressed on for more goals which didn’t come till the end of the first half.
The second half saw the team put more intense pressure as Gafar Olafimihan got his second goal of the game and 3SC’s third in what was looking as a festival of goals.
Substitutes, Najeem Olukokun and Anthony Okachi made it four and five as more goals were in sight
Omololu Waheed converted a penalty in the 76th minute to seal a well deserved victory and to help the team get top flight football next season.
Recall that the Lekan Salami Stadium was commissioned just over a week ago and this qualification means that fans in Oyo state will have opportunity to watch their darling team play top flight football after 4 years in the Nigerian National.
- 3SC's Victory: I'm Glad, Blessed To Witness Makinde's Feat - Ex-Sports Commissioner, Fakorede Hails Gov •Says Team Not Just A Club But A Religion77
- 3SC's Return To Premier League Another Promise Kept, Says Makinde •Promises To 'Adequately Reward' Team65Oyo State Governor, 'Seyi Makinde, has praised the resounding success recorded by the Shooting Stars Sports Club (3SC) by securing the long-awaited promotion to the elite Nigerian Premier Football League. He maintained that the promotion is in line with his campaign promise to get the Oluyole Warriors promoted to…
- 64Oyo State Governor, ‘Seyi Makinde, on Tuesday, lauded the players and management of the Shooting Stars Supporters Club (3SC) for securing a much-needed victory on it’s way to promotion to the Nigerian Premier Football League. The Oluyole Warriors, as the 3SC is fondly called, defeated the Bendel Insurance Football…
- 62The management of the Shooting Stars Sports Club (3SC) of Ibadan, has denied a story published by a blogger, that the club has sacked one of its players, Adeyemi Abubakar. In statement released and made available to journalists in Ibadan, the team media director, Tosin Omojola, said The blogger had…
- 3SC Promotion: 'We're Proud Of You', Oyo ALGON Hails Makinde •Congratulates Gov On Appointment As National Convention Committee Secretary62The Association of Local Government of Nigeria (ALGON) Oyo Chapter has congratulated the executive governor of oyo state, and the Oluyole warriors, with the recent promotion of the 3sc to the national league and also on the appointment of the oyo state governor, Seyi Makinde as Secretary, PDP National Convention…