Former Secretary to the Government of the Federation, SGF, Babachir Lawal, has alleged of an Islamization agenda on Nigeria with the All Progressives Congress, APC, Muslim-Muslim presidential ticket.
Over the weekend, the APC presidential candidate, Bola Tinubu, had unveiled Borno Senator, Kashim Shettima as his running mate against the clamour by Nigerians.
Prior to the announcement, the Kano State Governor, Abdullahi Ganduje, had disclosed that Tinubu would settle for a Muslim-Muslim ticket.
However, Lawal said Ganduje was only hinting at the planned Islamization agenda.
In a statement he personally signed, the former SGF pointed out that Ganduje runs a foundation aimed at converting Christians to Muslims.
He warned that Tinubu may be turned into an Islamic President if elected in 2023.
Warning of the consequences of a Muslim-Muslim ticket, Lawal said Tinubu should be prepared for stiff opposition from Nigerians.
The statement reads partly: “Proof of a possible Islamic agenda was leaked when Governor Ganduje, the ‘Kadmul Islam’, gave advance notice that Tinubu had assured them he would nominate a Moslem as his running mate. For those who might not know, Governor Ganduje has a foundation called “Ganduje Foundation” whose purpose, according to its website is to “provide selfless service to humanity and Islam” but whose primary purpose it appears is the conversion of Christians to Islam.”
He warned Tinubu not to allow them to convert him into a religious bigot in his desperation to rule Nigeria.
Lawal said such a step would be disastrous to his presidential ambition.
“So if my very good friend Tinubu, in a desperate bid to become president, allows himself to be made into a religious bigot or even a mujahideen, he is welcome. But, were he to win and become President of Nigeria, it would be as a sectional president, an Islamic president, and he will surely face massive discontent and opposition even before taking off,” he added.
- 76Babachir Lawal, former Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), says a Muslim-Muslim ticket for the 2023 Presidential election is dead on arrival. The presidential candidates of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and other parties are currently searching for running mates. On Thursday, the Independent…
- 74The former Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Babachir Lawal and the former Speaker, House of Representatives, Rt. Hon. Yakubu Dogara, on Saturday met with Rivers State governor, Nyesom Wike, in Port Harcourt on Saturday. The closed-door meeting held at Wike’s private residence at his country home in Rumueprikom…
- 71Senator Bola Ahmed Tinubu, the National Leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), on Wednesday returned his completed nomination form, giving assurance of total support for any candidate that emerges at a free and fair primary of the party. Babachir Lawal, former Secretary of the Government of the Federation, who…
- 64The Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) has condemned the fielding of Muslim candidates for President and Vice by the All Progressive Congress (APC). Recall that the APC presidential candidate for the 2023 election who is a Muslim had picked a former Governor of Borno State, Kashim Shettima, who is also a Muslim as a runnin⁷g mate.…
- 64Former Lagos state governor and presidential hopeful on the platform of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Senator Bola Tinubu has concluded plans to dump the ruling party, if the May 30 primaries are schemed against him, an associate of the former Lagos state government has said. The associate who spoke…