Kaduna State Governor, Malam Nasir El-Rufai, has effected a reshuffle of the Kaduna State Executive Council.
A statement issued by the governor’s spokesman, Samuel Aruwan, said the changes followed the vacancy created following the death of the Commissioner of Education, Professor Jonathan Andrew Nok. According to the statement, two new commissioners joined the state cabinet:”
The new commissioners are:
1. Mrs. Ruth Geoffrey Alkali, Ministry of Commerce, Industry and Tourism
2. Dr. Ibrahim Hamza, pioneer Director-General of the Kaduna Facility Management Agency (KADFAMA), is appointed for the Ministry of Water Resources.”
“The following Commissioners are assuming new portfolios:
3. Dr. Manzo Maigari is moving from the Ministry of Commerce, Industry & Tourism to the Ministry of Agriculture & Forestry.
4. Professor Kabir Mato is moving from the Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry to the Ministry for Local Government.
5. Ja’afaru Sani is moving from the Ministry for Local Government to the Ministry of Education, Science and Technology.”
6. Balabara Aliyu-Inuwa is moving from the Ministry of Rural and Community Development to the Ministry of Works, Housing and Transport.
7. Hassan Usman Mahmud is moving from the Ministry of Works, Housing and Transport to the Ministry of Rural and Community Development.
Commissioners retaining their portfolios are:
8. Umma Hikima, Ministry of Justice.
9. Suleiman Abdu Kwari, Ministry of Finance.
10. Dr. Paul Dogo, Ministry of Health and Human Services.
11. Muhammed Sani Abdullahi, Planning and Budget Commission.”
12. Amina Dyeris Sijuwade, Ministry of Environment and Natural Resources.
13. Daniel Amuze DanAuta, Ministry of Youth, Sports and Culture
14. Hafsat Mohammed Baba, Ministry of Women Affairs & Social Development Alhaji Shehu Balarabe, Commissioner for Stakeholder Relations in the Governor’s Office, is reassigned as a Commissioner in the Fiscal Responsibility Commission.
Malam Nasir El-Rufai has conveyed appreciation for the service rendered to the state by Engineer Suleiman Aliyu Lere, former Commissioner of Water Resources, and wished him well in his future endeavours” the statement added.