Ekiti Grassroots Movement has called on all intending aspirants on the platform of People’s Democratic Party (PDP) to engage in issue-based consultation which is devoid of attacks of personality and spin targeted at downplaying any aspirant.
An article has been credited to one “Comrade Fabiyi Adewale, PDP Moba LG”, where he x-rayed strength of aspirants in Osoko Political Assembly and further nosedived the personality of the ex-deputy governor of Ekiti, Prof. Kolapo Olusola Eleka.
Reacting to the misleading and disjointed article, Director of Media and Publicity of the group, Comr. Adebisi Adeola, said the writer is bereft of the personality and principle of Eleka.
“It is however pertinent to state categorically that the source of the said article is well known, hence further spins to discredit Eleka will be responded to vehemently in equal or more devastating measure”
“Apart from being a University DON of a reputable University, OAU, which without further postulations makes him an elite who is of the opinion that society or system should be led by elites, the chemistry between Eleka and the masses is superb.
“Furthermore, it should be noted that Eleka has not only enjoyed wide acceptability amidst PDP stakeholders but the generality of Ekiti people. “Eleka is a combination of elitism and massism”.
Speaking on his achievement while serving as a deputy governor, through him and the support of his boss, former governor Ayodele Fayose, Eleka overhauled education sector through robust policies and incentives given to teachers and pupils, he said “The results are there to verify. Ekiti came first in NECO/SSCE in 2016, 2017 and 2018 expressly.”
These, among many others, are Eleka’s support for his community while in government:
1.Purchase of Jamb form for hundreds of ikere indigenes and creation of Coaching classes for all the beneficiaries;
2. Repair of Ikoyi community electricity poles and cable wires worth #350,000 which was damaged by Dangote truck;
3. Purchase of 500KVA transformer for Ikoyi community at the rate of 3 million naira with additional 1milion naira for installation;
4. Payment of 10% of EKSCDA projects cost on behalf of Ikoyi community for the purchase of 300KVA transformer;Construction of drainage channels and drilling of boreholes;
5. Sum of #200,000 to Ajolagun community for extension of electricity;
6. Payment of 5,000 monthly for some women and men in Ikere;
7. Payment of #30,000 and #15,000 monthly for some youths in Ikere for more than 3years;
8. Full Scholarship to nine indigent ekiti students studying in higher institutions( Eksu, college of education, ikere and Adeyemi college of education)
9. Payment of WAEC fees in 2016/2017 for sixty-three indigenous students in Ikere and other parts of the Ekiti;
10. Purchase of NECO/SSCE external forms and subsequent tutorial training for 80 indigent students in Ikere;
11. Provision of educational and welfare support to the less privileged.
12. Distribution of palliative to PDP party members and other residents of Ikere during the COVID -19 pandemic.
13. Professor Kolapo Olusola is no doubt a strong financial backup of PDP activities in Ikere community till date. He had been able to do so much without any official ‘costituency’ allowance, unlike some others.
It is a misplaced analysis for any genuine PDP supporters to think Eleka lost the 2018 governorship election on merit as being peddled by some naysayers. “We saw how the election was militarised by the federal government even before the D-day”.
Ekiti State election was condemned by both international and domestic observers, so why should any genuine PDP members ascribe the loss to Eleka’s unacceptablility?
Despite heavy momentary inducement and federal might in Ikere, PDP defeated APC convincingly.
Though the “unidentified” Comrade Fabiyi is entitled to his opinion which does not hold waters in the court of public opinion, yet he is not entitled to the facts”,
I will advise the faceless Comrade Fabiyi to be sincere with his findings in Ikere and stop being inconsequential. Ikere people are more determined now than before to fight for their chances in Ekiti political sphere.