The Deputy Governor of Oyo State, His Excellency, Barrister Bayo Lawal, on Tuesday, expressed happiness over the congratulatory visit paid to his office by critical stakeholders from Ogbomoso zone.
Dr Saka Balogun, former Chief of Staff, led the delegation.
The Deputy Governor, in his remark, appreciated the stakeholders including, saying that the good people of Ogbomoso, which formed major part of his senatorial district, are happy for the opportunity bestowed on him by Governor Seyi Makinde.
Lawal promised to ensure that all hands will be on deck to compliment the efforts of his principal in bringing dividends of democracy to the nooks and crannies of the state.
He noted that the visit was first of its kind since he assumed office and that he will never take the support of critical stakeholders from Ogbomoso for granted.
He equally charged them to renew their efforts towards spreading the good work, which this administration is facilitating in the senatorial district and the entire state by extension.
Dr. Saka Balogun, in his goodwill message, reaffirmed the support of Ogbomoso zone for Governor Seyi Makinde-led administration and also stated that the appointment of Barrister Bayo Lawal as the Deputy Governor of Oyo State is well deserved.
He noted further that the zone will continue to support the new Deputy Governor, saying “he his our son.”
Speaking further, Dr Balogun also stated that Otunba Ogunwuyi remains a voice to reckon with in Ogbomoso zone and that they belief in his leadership styles and whatever information he convey is the true reflection of their agreements.
Those in attendance include the Honourable Commissioner for Trade, Investment and Cooperative- Barrister Olasunkanmi Olaleye; Chief Press Secretary to the governor, Mr Taiwo Adisa; the Executive Chairman, Broadcasting Corporation of Oyo State, Prince Dotun Oyelade; the Director-General of Oyo state Signage and Advertisement Agency (OYSAA), Mr Segun Adibi; Hon. Olufemi Onireti, Hon. Ojo Makanjuola; representatives of youths and party leaders; the Executive Chairmen from all the five local government areas in Ogbomoso zone and their party Chairmen among others.
- ‘You Are My Friends, Continue To Support Our Administration With Prayers’ — Oyo Deputy Governor Tells People With Disabilities86People with Disabilities have congratulated the former Commissioner for Justice and Attorney General of Oyo State, Barrister Bayo Lawal on his elevation as Oyo State Deputy Governor. Bayo Lawal, a native of Kishi in Oke Ogun geo-political zone, took the oath of office administered by the Chief Judge in the…
- 3 YEARS OF EXCELLENT PERFORMANCE: Onireti Congratulates Makinde, Says Ogbomoso People Will Pay Back With Re-election85The People's Democratic Party (PDP) candidate for Ogbomoso North, South, and Oriire Federal Constituency, Hon. Olufemi Oladokun Onireti has congratulated His Excellency, Engr. Oluwaseyi Abiodun Makinde, the Executive Governor of Oyo State, on his third anniversary in office. Onireti, in his congratulatory message, described the tenure of Makinde one…
- Bayo Lawal As Acting Governor: Makinde The Uncommon Phenomenon Always Setting The Pace | By Rita Orji85
- 84Oyo State Governor, 'Seyi Makinde, on Wednesday, eulogised the late former governor of the state, Otunba Adebayo Alao-Akala for what he described as his immense contributions to the development of Oyo State. Makinde, spoke through his deputy, Engineer Rauf Olaniyan, during the Lying-in-State Ceremony held in honour of the…
- SEYI LEKAN SI 2023 PROJECT: Group Endorses Makinde For Second Term, Lauds Gov's Unprecedented Achievements84A political pressure group, SEYI LEKAN SI 2023 PROJECT, on Thursday, endorsed Oyo State Governor,’ Seyi Makinde, for second term in office and pledge to continually support his administration. The group, in its state meeting held at the Western Hall, Oyo State House of Assembly, Complex Secretariat, Ibadan, said…