Banner Advert Displaying ‘Makinde For President’ Is From Purveyors Of Fake News – CPS, Adisa
A fake news item, purportedly promoting Oyo State Governor, ‘Seyi Makinde, as a presidential hopeful in the 2023 election, has come to the attention of the Media Office Of The Governor.
The banner advert, which has the picture of Governor Makinde and the Nigerian flag, as well as a picture of the Chief Press Secretary to the Governor, Mr. Taiwo Adisa, allegedly promoting the presidential ambition of the governor, should be treated for what it is: Fake News!
A statement by Adisa on Monday, has disclaimed the alleged promo, describing it as one of the antics of fake news promoters.
The statement read: “This is clearly the antics of purveyors of social media lap dogs, who are merely seeking to distract well-meaning people of Oyo State from the joy occasioned by the well-deserved promotion, to the Premier League, of the Shooting Stars Sports Club (3SC).
“We believe that this fraudulent post alluded to the Chief Press Secretary to Governor Makinde is the handiwork of opposition elements, as APC’s social media lap dogs widely posted the fake news on their social media accounts.
“It is the usual practice of naysayers and detractors to seek to mix sour grapes in the basket of fruits, at a time when well-meaning citizens are celebrating.
“Let it be stated clearly, however, that Governor Makinde has no hand in any such campaign for the Presidency, as he has always stated that tomorrow only belongs to God.
“It is unthinkable that the governor, who has cautioned supporters against mounting a second-term campaign for him, would launch a 2023 presidential campaign at this period.
“For the avoidance of doubt, Makinde will not change his belief that power belongs to Almighty God and that only God knows the direction He is taking every of his creation.
“In the same vein, the Media Office of His Excellency has not and will not race ahead of time to promote an ambition that the governor has not declared.
“Therefore, we urge members of the public to ignore the fake news and see it as the shenanigans of a distressed opposition, which continues to show its desperation to retake power at all cost.
“Finally, members of the public are reminded that one of such callous posts by opposition elements once attempted to endanger the lives of innocent people in Oyo State at the height of the Covid-19 pandemic, in May, 2020, when they posted that Covid-19 restrictions had been relaxed for religious gatherings, and attributed same to the Governor’s Media Office.”
- 67Osun Governor Adegboyega Oyetola has ordered compulsory COVID-19 vaccination for all cabinet members, public servants, health workers and others in the State. Oyetola explained the directive is part of the measures to curb the spread of Coronavirus in the state. This was contained in a memo from the office of…
- You've proved to be most outstanding governor, Oyo ALGON lauds Makinde on Adamasingba Stadium Commission65All the 33 local government chairmen in Oyo State have lauded Governor Seyi Makinde for his various strides and imprints in the State, especially on the remodeling of the Adamasingba Stadium, Ibadan. The chairmen under the aegis of Association of Local of Nigeria(ALGON), Oyo State chapter dropped the commendation in…
- Members Claiming To Be Aggrieved Are Jesters Speaking For Themselves Not Party - Oyo PDP •Says Makinde Will Succeed64The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Oyo State chapter, has replied some members of the party who claimed to be aggrieved and who, on Monday, reportedly passed a vote-of-no-confidence on Governor Seyi Makinde and the present administration, on grounds of lack of personal gratification and political benefits. This desire…
- 64The National Executive Committee of the Peoples Democratic PDP, on Thursday, named Oyo State Governor, Engineer Seyi Makinde, as Secretary of the National Convention Planning Committee. It was gathered that the committee will be saddled with the responsibility of ensuring that the forthcoming National Convention of the party is hitch-free.…
- 63Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike, today knocked his Ebonyi State counterpart, Dave Umahi, who said that God will give Nigeria a president “who has a good heart like President Muhammadu Buhari for the good of this country” in 2023. Umahi made the statement on Monday while addressing State House correspondents after…