Agba Egbe’s Wife Flags Off Novel Oral Polio Immunization Campaign In Ibadan North LG
Mrs Habeebat Yusuff (Agba Egbe), on Wednesday, flagged Off The Novel Oral Polio Immunization Campaign in Ibadan North LG.
The exercise is to protect children from Wild Polio Virus (WPV) and Vaccine Derive Polio Virus (VDPV).
Polio (poliomyelitis) is a highly contagious disease caused by a virus that attacks the nervous system.
Children younger than five years old are more likely to contract the virus than any other group.
Mrs Habeebat Yusuff (Agba Egbe) the wife to the Executive Chairman of the Council, in her opening remarks at the program, held at the local government primary health center, Idi Ogungun, urged nursing and health workers to partake fully in the exercise.
According to her, the development is significant for the general well-being of children.
“It will be recalled that Nigeria was certified free from Wild Polio Virus (WPV) in August 2020 after three years of reporting no case of the virus.
“However, there has been an increase in transmission of Vaccine Derived Polio Virus (VDPV) due to low routine Immunization coverage occasioned by COVID-19, security challenges and poor access to health care.
“According to the Ministry of Health (MOH), the situation above led the National Primary Health Care Development Agency (NPHCDA), Oyo State Ministry of Health and Oyo State Primary Health Care Board with the support of WHO, UNICEF, CHAI, Rotary International to see the need for a fresh round of immunization exercise.”
“We will continue to move in line with the mother and child scheme of her excellency the mother of all in Oyo state, Mrs. Ominini Makinde for a polio-free state,” Mrs. Yusuff concluded.
- Oyo Remains Safest State In Nigeria - Makinde • Says My Administration's Four-Point Agenda Will Take Oyo To Greater Heights71Oyo State Governor, 'Seyi Makinde, declared, on Sunday, that his administration's four-point service agenda will take the state to greater heights. The governor, who spoke through his Chief of Staff, Hon. Segun Ogunwuyi, at the 32nd Anniversary Thanksgiving Service of the Victory International Church, Rehoboth Cathedral, Oluyole Estate, Ibadan,…
- Oyo PDP Congress: Ibadan North Council Boss, Agba Egbe, Lauds Makinde, Party Faithfuls On Successful Process70Ibadan North Local government chairman, Agba Egbe, who participated in the just concluded congress exercise held at adamansigba sports complex, on Saturday, lauded the governor of oyo state, organizing committee and party members, towards making sure the exercise was a success. This was made known in a press release…
- 70Oyo State Governor, Engineer Seyi Makinde has sworn- in additional ten Commissioners screened by the Oyo State House of Assembly. While Swearing-in the commissioners at the Executive Council Chambers of the Governor’s Office, Ibadan, the Governor urged the commissioners to redouble their efforts in moving the state forward adding that…
- 67Osun Governor Adegboyega Oyetola has ordered compulsory COVID-19 vaccination for all cabinet members, public servants, health workers and others in the State. Oyetola explained the directive is part of the measures to curb the spread of Coronavirus in the state. This was contained in a memo from the office of…
- 67Ahead of the 2023 presidential election, Governor Kayode Fayemi of Ekiti State has said only God would decide his political future. Fayemi said he was currently focused on putting Ekiti on the pedestal of growth and development i The Chairman of the Nigeria Governors’ Forum spoke on Arise Television while…