Adeniran Applauds Oyo Teachers, Urges Them To Renew Commitment To Hardwork, Place Premium On Service Delivery
The Oyo State Government has applauded the steadfastness and dedication of teachers in the State, as countries celebrate the 2021 World Teachers’ Day.
This was contained in release by the Executive Chairman, Oyo State Universal Basic Education Board, Dr. Nureni Adeniran, in Ibadan.
Dr. Adeniran acknowledged the immense contributions of Teachers to the overall growth and development of the Education sector of the State, and the growth of the younger generation.
He reiterated the commitment of the Engr. Seyi Makinde led administration to the welfare of teachers, especially in the areas of training and re-training, prompt payment of salaries and conducive environment for teaching and learning in public schools.
He said the ongoing UBEC/SUBEB Intervention Projects in the State are part of Government’s commitment to developmental projects the Government is putting in place to ensure teachers’ and students’ wellbeing.
“We commend our teachers, who have been performing well in the State. This is being measured by the performance of our students both in the Internal and External Examinations, National and International Competitions.
“?We urge them to put in more efforts, take their jobs very seriously and stay committed because they remain the mirror with which students view themselves”.
The Chairman also commended Governor Seyi Makinde who recently recruited 5,000 Teachers into the Teaching Service Commission, while the Primary Sector also awaits his approval for recruitment of teachers.
Adeniran said that the recruient exercise in the Education sector will improve the quality of teaching and learning in the State’s Public schools.
He therefore, called on teachers in the State to renew their commitment to hard work, place a premium on service delivery and inculcate right morals in the young ones.
- 78692 new Education Officers Resume Duties in OyoAbout Six Hundred and Ninety-two (692) newly recruited Education Officers have resumed duties on Monday, September 20, 2021 across different Unity Schools and Technical Colleges in Oyo State. This was contained in a statement by the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Education, Science and…
- 69The Governing Council of the University of Ibadan has appointed Mr. Adewuyi Popoola as the new Bursar. In a statement by the University's Director of Public Communication, Mr. Olatunji Oladejo, made available to journalists, he said the appointment takes effect from Monday, 20 September 2021. According to him: "Mr. Popoola…
- 69Eight candidates from the 15 aspirants for the position of Vice Chancellor (VC) at the University of Ibadan (UI) were on Wednesday night shortlisted. The NewsbreakNG cannot ascertain the identities of the candidates as at this time as the screening and interview exercise went deep into the night on…
- Adeseun Ogundoyin SUG Building Named After Makinde As Gov's Assistant On Student Affairs Facilitates Remodelling (SEE PICTURES)69The Students Union Government of Adeseun Ogundoyin Polytechnic, Eruwa, has named the Student Union Government building remodelled by Hon Victor Olojede, the Special Assistant to Oyo State Governor on Student Affairs, after Governor Seyi Makinde. Speaking with newsmen on this development, Victor Olojede noted that the deftness and diplomacy…
- 68The U.S Consultate has announced plan to equip 300 teachers from Nigeria with 21st Century Teaching Skills through the launch of “Re-imagining EducationX 2021: The Teacher on the Move” programme. Through the teacher capacity-building workshop, 300 high school teachers from Lagos, Rivers and Enugu states will acquire skills in effective…