The candidate of Peoples Democractic Party, PDP, in the July 16 Osun governorship election, Ademola Adeleke, has said his comments on Dollar and Pounds were not intended for vote buying.
Adeleke made the assertion while answering questions on his comments at the Osun 2022 Governorship Debate organized by Channels TV, in partnership with Situation Room, and monitored by our political correspondent on Sunday.
He noted that his comments
were twisted by the opposition to ridicule him.
The PDP candidate said the intent of his comments on the Dollar and Pounds was to use his international connections to help the people of Osun State.
The Senator said his family is noted for philanthropic activities.
Adeleke said he will ensure corruption is reduced to the minimal level if elected governor of Osun state.
He said: “You know I’m an international guy. I have connections and whatever I said here you must go fact check.
“We are running for governorship, but we must ask ourselves what have we done in our state.
“What have you invested in your state before you can bring investors? I will make sure I reduce corruption to a minimum level so that people that are coming in to invest will be rest assured that they will not put their money their pocket.
“That’s what they are thinking. They know what is going on. They check everyday. Which state are they coming to invest, which road are going to pass through?
“I’m talking to my people. They are ready to come and invest in Osun State. I will make sure that I fight corruption.”
It will be recalled that Adeleke was, in a viral video, seen at a PDP campaign rally, saying he has come with Dollar, Pounds and other international currencies.
- 86By Andrew Ajijah, Jos The gubernatorial candidate of the All Progressive Congress APC in Plateau state Dr. Nentawe Yilwatdat, has expressed concerned over increasing killings, kidnapping and fast declining economy of the state. The Governorship candidate stated this Monday, at the Nigeria Union of Journalists press center, Jos, when he…
- 86Osun State governor, Gboyega Oyetola, would not be re-elected by the people of Osun state because he betrayed his oath of office and entrenched pauperisation of the people of the state. Reacting to a comment by the Osun state Commissioner for Inter-governmental affairs, Taiwo Akeju, the Publicity Secretary of…
- 86•As Okowa, Ayu, Sambo, Saraki, Oyinlola, Others Rally Support For Adeleke Ahead of the Saturday, July 16 Osun State governorship election, national leaders of the opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), on Thursday, stormed Osogbo, the State capital, and rallied support for the election of the party’s candidate, Senator Ademola…
- 85Governor Ben Ayade of Cross River State has expressed confidence that he “will be next president of this country”. Speaking shortly after he received his nomination and Expression of Interest (EOI) forms purchased for him by sons and daughters of Arewa Youths as well as other interest groups across the…
- 85Sen. Ademola Adeleke, the Osun governor-elect, has inaugurated a 37-member Transition Committee to facilitate a smooth transition between the incumbent and the newly elected administration in the state. Inaugurating the committee on Thursday in Osogbo, Adeleke charged members to come up with innovation on how best to hit the ground…