General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG), Pastor Enoch Adeboye, has debunked reports making the rounds that he has endorsed Bola Tinubu, the All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential candidate in the 2023 general election.
A medium had reported that Tinubu met with Adeboye at the Redemption Camp.
According to the report, Tinubu’s meeting with Adeboye was said to have been centred around his decision to settle for a Muslim-Muslim ticket.
Reacting, the RCCG dismissed the report of the endorsement, saying Pastor Adeboye and the RCCG have not and would not endorse any candidate.
“It has come to our notice that some news outlets are reporting that a meeting Between Pastor.A. Adeboye: The General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God Worldwide and the former Governor of Lagos State Mr. Bola Ahmed Tinubu was held a few days back at the Redemption Camp where our esteemed father in the Lord was said to have supported the preferred candidature of the Party the Former Governor is a member of.
“This is to inform the general public that (1) Pastor E.A. Adeboye is under the authority of God, the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), and the Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria (PFN), and as such will not speak on behalf of Christians on issues regarding policies.
“(2) Pastor E.A. Adebove and the RCCG have not and will not endorse any candidate for the 2023 General elections in Nigeria.
“(3) The news reported by the Daily Post is false. Daily Post and other News Outlets should desist from spreading false information about Pastor E.A. Adebove and the RCCG as it defeats the code and ethics of Journalism and the full weight of the law will be employed if such happens in the future. God bless you,” the statement read.
- Apart From Alpha-Beta In Lagos, Tinubu Will Create Alter-Beta Elsewhere To Loot Nigeria Dry If He Becomes President - Bode George82
- 82The Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi, has told the Transportation Minister, Chibuike Amaechi, to keep praying because power belongs to God. The Ooni spoke to Amaechi when the Minister paid him a consultation visit at his palace in Ile Ife, Monday. The monarch also wants the APC presidential…
- 82The All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential candidate, Bola Tinubu, met with the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG), Pastor Enoch Adeboye, following the issue surrounding the ruling party’s Muslim-Muslim presidential preference. THISDAY reported yesterday that Tinubu had assembled a team of eminent individuals with whom he…
- 82National Leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC) Asiwaju Bola Tinubu has said Nigeria needs a courageous leader to effect drastic changes that will bring revenue and build the nation. He described himself as that man Nigeria needs to take charge of the wheel of progress. Tinubu spoke at one-day…
- 81A business tycoon and aspirant in the All Progressives Congress (APC), Mr Gbenga Olawepo-Hashim, has bowed out of the 2023 presidential race, saying his “own day will come.” In a statement from his media office in Abuja on Friday, Olawepo-Hashim said he decided after a series of consultations and reflections…